I wanted to make a post in this blog right smack on the very first day of 2013 but I got entangled with other more important things. There was the week-long vacation my family spent with my folks in my hometown of Bukidnon. The destination was great but the journey was harrowingly long, thanks to the recent typhoon. Pablo the storm damaged our city port, rendering it unfit for big ships so that we had to take the longer sea route via small ships. Thankfully, though, my family and the blast of a time we had is worth all the troubles of our trip.
I am featuring here, belatedly though, some of what I think are the best new year quotes around. I picked out the 13 best for the year 2013, from the web, pinterest and from memory. I’m sorry these could not come in time for your Facebook status posting on New Year’s eve, lol.
- Of all the new year quotes, this one debunks all my excuses for not doing at least something. “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- This one is making me hopeful about going back up from a fall. “Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
- New year quotes are almost always about anticipating something new. “And now we welcome the new year, full of things that have never been.” – Rainer Maria Nilke
- This new year quote reminds me that there really is nothing more special about New Year over any other day after all. “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Now this one should prove very helpful for us all. “One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: To rise above the little things.” – John Burroughs
- One of the most hilarious new year quotes is this: “People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas.” – Anonymous
- Hmm, make war and peace with the right guys. “Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man.” – Benjamin Franklin
- Here’s my new year wish for us all, lol. “May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions.” – Joey Adams
- This is my most ardent wish too. Haha. “New Year’s Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time.” – James Agate
- Which would you rather be? “He who breaks a resolution is a weakling. He who makes one is a fool.” – F.M. Knowles
- This year could just be it for us all. “It’s never too late to live happily ever after.”
- A friendly reminder to not live in the past: “Only a fool trips on what is behind him.”
- Finally, I am claiming this in prayer with all my heart.“There are far, far better things than any we leave behind.”
Thanks to fabiovisentin.com for their free e-cards, one of which is the photo I used above.